Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray Review

I have combination skin, my T-zone does get a little oily throughout the day, and some sufferers may also experience the annoyance of blotting ALL THE TIME! 

Although I use a mattifying primer on my face, it usually doesn't control the shine as much as I'd like. I usually have to blot at least 3 times a day, usually once every 2 hours. When it gets to 7pm and I'm still in the office I just don't bother... my makeup has probably all melted.

 I knew that SKINDINÄVIA are the pros for makeup setting spray, I had heard so many raves about their product but it's not available in the UK.

So, I was doing some research for a similar product and came along something called ''De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray''... I was like, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! I NEED TO TRY THIS!!


I went on Urban Decay's website to find out a bit more info and saw that this product is an exclusive partnership with SKINDINÄVIA. Without even thinking, I went out to buy it. It cost me around £23.00 for a XL bottle (177ml). 

 I did my usual makeup routine and sprayed my face with the setting spray, it DID make a difference! I only had to blot twice out of the whole day and when it got to 7pm my face was still reasonably matte.



OK, PUTTING IT TO THE TEST!


 I took the setting spray with me to Hong Kong during the summer. 


Day 1:  No spray after makeup. 

I put my makeup on as usual and went out, went home at night and went to take my makeup off, when I wiped my face, there was hardly any foundation left. 

Day 2: Sprayed after makeup
Did my makeup and sprayed about 3 pumps on my face. Went home at night to remove the makeup. I wiped and my foundation was still there!!! 

For those who have never experienced the summer in HK, it is extremely humid and hot! You will sweat day and night! No joke. 

So obviously when I found out that my foundation was still on my face after all that sweating, I was so happy, I could still wear makeup even when my face was constantly oily and I had to blot all the time. 



OVERALL, this is a product that I highly recommend for those who have oily skin, but those who have dry/normal skin could go for ALL-NIGHTER setting spray. 




No comments:

Post a Comment