Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

ARBONNE CALM GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER | REVIEW

Keeping your skin hydrated is a very important throughout the year (yes, even in the summer). I'm not a fan of moisturisers that leave my skin feeling oily. This moisturiser was introduced to me, at first I hadn't really heard of the brand so I did a bit of research and found that they're an American company who produce products that are made with botanical ingredients, which originate from plants... so they're all natural ingredients that are put together scientifically to make cosmetics and skincare products. Arbonne have a number of collections and this product that I'm reviewing is part of the CALM collection. 


KEY INGREDIENTS

Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) Extract - natural cleanser 
Mallow (Malva sylvestris) Extract - hydrator, antioxident, soothes, moisurises
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Extract - calms, soothes, humectant with skin-conditioning properties
Japanese Green Tea (Camellia oleifera) Leaf Extract - antioxidant know for its soothing properties


MY EXPERIENCE

Last summer I suddenly began to have a rash on my forehead and around my eye area. It was itchy, red and the affected area became really dry. The local pharmacy gave me some allergy tablets to take which helped with the itchiness. Although I was given some medication, I still needed to use a moisturiser that wasn't going to make the rash worse, so no artificial ingredients and it had to be suitable for sensitive skin. An Arbonne distributor advised that I should use this moisturiser. I used it twice daily and within a week my rash had gone completely (I think the tablets did some of the work as well though). I still use it twice daily after cleansing my face and sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I use it as a base for my foundation.






OVERALL

Rating: 10/10
Packaging: 9.5/10 - simple, clear directions
Price: £27.00 (Available online at http://www.arbonne.com or from local distributors)
Suitability: All skin types
Texture: Smooth, light
Pros: not fragranced, easy application, suitable for daily use, light, not greasy, absorbs quickly
Cons: I personally prefer a pump bottle (but that's being super picky)

Thank you for reading and let me know your opinions if you've tried this product before!

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment